- Family has been farming in Augustine Cove, PEI since 1810. Part of the 6th generation to farm this land.
- Grew up closely involved in the family farm and agribusinesses.
- Completed post secondary education at Acadia University
- Before coming home to the family farm, worked in Scotland in the potato industry (both agronomy and food processing)
- Along with cousins Andrew and Lori, actively manages Eric C. Robinson Inc. and its subsidiaries (a third generation Family Agri Business and recognized in 2014 as one of Prince Edward Island’s Heritage Farms). Eric C. Robinson Inc:
– is owned by Eric Robinson’s six grandchildren of which Mary is one.
– farms predominantly on a 4-year rotation (potatoes, grain, soybeans and hay)
– grows, packs and markets seed and table potatoes in Canada and the USA
– is passionate about woodland management
- Is a Certified Crop Advisor, actively manages Island Lime Inc.
- Chair of CAHRC (Canadian Ag Human Resource Council)
- Sits on the boards of Canadian Federation of Agriculture, PEI Federation of Agriculture, PEI Agromart Ltd., and MidIsle Farms
- Sits on the Federal Minister of Agriculture’s National Program Advisory Council as well as the Prince Edward Island Rural Economic Development Advisory Council.
- Past President of the Prince Edward Island Federation of Agriculture
- 2017 recipient of the PEI Women’s Institute Women Outstanding in Agriculture Award.
- Chair of West Kent Elementary School Home and School Council.
- Mary and her husband Mike have two school age children.